Wednesday, May 18, 2011

138. RUSSIAN RED "I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU"


next up is a beautiful, forlorn, indie folk ditty, I Hate You But I Love You, from Madrid-based indie folk/pop singer/songwriter Lourdes Hernandez aka Russian Red off her much anticipated new sophomore album "Fuerteventura" (2011).

"I hate you but I love you
my favourite sun becomes a healing sign
I have to tell you this
cause my heart goes wild."

I Hate You But I Love You is a wonderfully wistful, country-tinged, indie folk anthem to unrequited love, Hernandez's endearing et delicate voice really soars on this track, with delightfully quirky, melancholy, dead pan lyrics, this is a real folk pop gem, enjoy!

curiously Hernandez's nomenclature Russian Red, comes from her favourite MAC lipstick colour.


MP3: I Hate You But I Love You

et here is the latest single et title track from the album, it's a fantastic 50s honky-tonk-tinged, tender pop number.

MP3: Fuerteventura

check out the cool music video for I Hate You But I Love You directed by Darío Peña.



the delightful "Fuerteventura" album is available from Fnac on cd et vinyl! or you can get it on vinyl from Zona de Compras, otherwise you can grab it digitally from itunes. et if you haven't got it already then i'd recommend getting hold of Russian Red's impressive debut album "I Love Your Glasses" (2008).

you can find Russian Red here: myspace | facebook | russianred

No comments:

Post a Comment